Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Bastrika-Breath of Energy

Looking for ways to increase your energy and vitality?   One way is to do some spring cleaning.  Let the baby that is coming into your life see that you're making room for him or her.  Unpack old boxes, donate clothes that no longer fit or flatter you, and share some of your books with friends.  Better yet, bring a box/bag of stuff to a workshop that is being held in Evanston this weekend, called Clutter Bust Your Life.  Your facilitator, Brooks Palmer, has a compassionate way of assisting you in making room for the new things to arrive in your life. 


Another way, is to practice the energizing breath Bastrika.  In this video, I demonstrate how it's done.  It's a great breath to practice when you have a lot weighing on your mind, which zaps your energy too. What are some ways that you increase your energy?

4 comments:

Lady Bird said...

Jenilyn,
Love the concepts of clearing clutter to bring in new energy and vital life force that allows us to be even more creative, productive and open to all the wonderful possibilities! Thank you!!

Jenilyn -Holistic Food Coach said...

Lady Bird, Isn't it the best? Wait until you try it! I'm going to do it now. Oh, that felt good, hearts pumpin' and my mind feels refreshed. Peace, Jenilyn

Tricia Nolan said...

Hi Jenilyn,

This also reminds me of the time when I was pregnant and felt urged to clear cutter for the new baby. To me it always feels good after I have cleared cluttered from my home.

It also feels great to clear clutter from my mind, which I am so excited to share with other people who are interested!

xo Tricia

Jenilyn -Holistic Food Coach said...

Thanks Tricia, It sounds like you were nesting right? So, why not get a jump start on it before a pregnancy.

You're right about the spring cleaning the mind too. It can get pretty crowded in there. Thanks for bringing your healing talents to the world. Take care, Jenilyn