Tuesday, June 26, 2012
We are about a week into summer and I am reminded about the cycles of the year with the change of seasons, the days of the week and the hours in a day. We're constantly moving through cycles. This fertility journey is no different. After every cycle ends in disappointment there is a chance to start again. There are times where it can feel so stagnant, as if the world is moving forward and nothing is changing in your world; no baby, no growth at work, same situations, same house... Then suddenly something changes and there is an opening for other things to shift. A sense of hope rushes in and all seems possible. This beautiful sunflower image came from a blog called Have Fun - Do Good. The image suggests you reflect on ideas you want to grow and ideas you wish to let go of. What are some ideas/beliefs you want to grow and which ones are you ready to release?
Posted by Jenilyn -Holistic Food Coach at 2:58 PM
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Summer Camp ‘Fertility Yoga Style’
Join other women who are also trying to conceive. We’ll start with a quick check in and then move our bodies in gentle ways to help support blood flow to the hips and pelvis. Special postures are given to those who just had a fertility procedure or are menstruating. We’ll end with a delicious restorative posture, savasana and then a meditation.
Where: Harmony Health, 770 N. Halsted, Suite 700 Chgo, IL 60642, 312-243-8848
Dates: Monday nights, starting June 25th-July 30th
Class fee: Drop-in $25 or 6-week series Class $132 (This can be used for either Monday or Saturday’s Yoga class too)
Posted by Jenilyn -Holistic Food Coach at 7:29 PM
Thursday, June 14, 2012
I asked my friend, Lisa Espinosa, who is a Reiki Healer, Life Guide using Internal Family Systems and owner of Soul Haven, to demonstrate a stress releasing breathing technique last week, only the videographer made things a little challenging. Ok, so you might have guessed that I was the videographer and I kept getting the giggles and this didn't help Lisa concentrate. You can kind of get it with the last take we shot.
Watch our several attempts at Lisa's demonstration of a breathing technique to release stress, hopefully you can learn it through the laughter. As you bunch up your shoulders think of things that are stressing you out and then exhale them out. If you find that doesn't work, book a Reiki appointment with Lisa soon, she'll help you re-discover that laughing part of you again. She specializes in Reiki for fertility too.
Posted by Jenilyn -Holistic Food Coach at 8:55 PM
Monday, June 11, 2012
As I have only been writing this blog since the end of April, I was so excited to see that I was already nominated for an award for my blog. Holy Cow! That was so exciting to see! It’s called the Liebster Award.
The Liebster Blog award originated in Germany, “Liebster” meaning favorite or dearest, to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers
The first requirement of receiving this award is to show gratitude to the blogger who nominated you and link back to them.
So, thank you to Eydie Kugler, the creator of what we create. Eydie and I met at a women’s retreat this spring. I should say re-met because when I first saw her I told her that I knew her from somewhere, but I couldn’t put my finger on it. I shared that I had worked at The Cradle she shouted “that’s it!” She had adopted her daughter from The Cradle and I was their stand in social worker over the weekend that she brought her baby girl home. We’ve been following each other’s blogs ever since the spring. We both believe in the power of positive words, creativity and in supporting women. I always feel so happy and inspired when I read her blog, I hope you will too.
The second responsibility of the recipient is to copy and past the Liebster Award.
Next, it’s time to nominate 5 other bloggers (who have less than 200 viewers) to pass this award onto.
I have to say I have no idea how many viewers these blogs have, but I thought I’d mention them anyway. It was very hard to choose just five as there are so many amazing and talented writers.
1. Margaret has the secret to the fountain of youth, she is 50 years old yet you’d never know it. Check out her gorgeous face and her tips for healthy living, http://focusedwisdom.com/wordpress/?cat=1
2. Savitree and Mahandeva are two yoginis who created these gorgeous smelling cleaning products called Blissful hOMe, https://www.blissfularewe.com/blog/
3. The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen, created by Ali and Tom, is such a healthy and delicious mix of recipes. Everything I’ve tried has been delicious, especially the creamed kale. http://www.nourishingmeals.com/
4. The Impatient Woman’s Guide to Getting Pregnant, this blog supports the book of the same name by Jean M. Twenge, who is a funny and resourceful author. The blog has some great tips. http://www.impatientwoman.com/
5. Lisa Rouff, of The Infertility Therapist, is such an insightful and supportive blog for women who are trying to conceive or adopt, http://www.lisarouff.com/blog1/index.php
And, finally, tell your readers ten random facts about you.
1. I met my husband swing dancing and I am so grateful for him. He keeps my heart dancing every day with his zany sense of humor!
2. I love cookbooks and food blogs more than cooking, see my pinterest boards for proof.
3. Chanting is the quickest way for me to move through fear, sadness, anger or feeling stuck.
4. I’ve watched the movie Julie and Julia (also about blogging) four times and I typically don’t like re-watching movies.
5. Because of number 4, I’m reading My Life in France by Julia Child and Alex Prud'homme and I’m loving it.
6. I have a beloved group of girlfriends who get together about once a month and we call ourselves “The Goddesses”
7. I have a pretty restricted diet that’s free of gluten, dairy and sugar, so I’m pretty creative with my meals, although always open to other people cooking for me (see # 2 again).
8. My favorite season is summer.
9. I sometimes become overwhelmed by the amount of love and support I have in my life from my family, friends and husband. I feel blessed, blessed and even more blessed!
10. Some of my happiest moments are spending time with my nieces and nephews whether at Epcot Center, walking in the grass or eating at The Chicago Diner.
I’m starting a new blog at a brand new website called One Way or A Mother (onewayoramother.com). Come join me over there.
Posted by Jenilyn -Holistic Food Coach at 3:07 PM
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
|Click Here for video|
Posted by Jenilyn -Holistic Food Coach at 8:00 PM